Second Video “Convergence” Posted!

AFI has posted a second video on their website, following the first video they posted on April 17. It turns out that the photo they Instagramed yesterday is partially a still from this video.

The video includes several different clips, including a woman, a hooded figure, and what might be a sphere eclipsing a light source. There is also an alarm at 55 seconds in that could be from an aircraft or similar machine. What do you think?

Previous Post Next Post

12 Comments

• Daniel Král May 2, 2013 at 1:23 pm

I’m getting Sing The Sorrow feeling from those 2 videos. It really looks like the new album will be darker and harder which is awesome.

• Todd Barriage May 2, 2013 at 1:25 pm

What I hear from the numbers:

6 9 ? 2 0 8
    9 0 3 1 4
    8 2 7 5 6
    9 8 5 1 6
    5 0 9

• codayne90 May 2, 2013 at 6:58 pm

I’m sure the numbers have some importance, maybe they correlate to letters or something and it’s a web address like in the previous mystery. Either way i’m excited for this album. It’s been a long time coming.

• Gaz Baker May 2, 2013 at 7:40 pm

too long for latitude and longitude I think…

Anyone tried assigning them to alphabet? I would but I’m at work

• Errol Halliday May 3, 2013 at 12:31 am

they carved a 9 into the earth and then laid pieces of what seems to be wood over the carving.

i wonder if the ring being held up to the leaves and the trees is a nod to STS.

• Danny May 3, 2013 at 1:49 am

If you time both videos right the first image of cloaked figure shows right when Davey says “to point to where I’m hiding”. They both match up again during the first image of the “eclipse” and when Davey says “this gaping hole”

• Andre Kluyts May 3, 2013 at 5:18 am

It seems that there will be a solar eclipse (“ring of fire”) around 9/10 May 2013.

Perhaps the video made reference to that eclipse (among other things). Or perhaps its just an interesting coincidence? :)

• Pablo Ariztegui May 3, 2013 at 10:25 pm

None of the previous mysteries have hinted any album info… why wasting time? Just sit tight there and wait until the album is released.

• David 'Epoc' Cope May 5, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I presume the ‘9’ carved into the ground is a reference to the fact that this is their ninth record.

• Brian Collier May 8, 2013 at 9:32 pm

idk umm maybe if u used a cellphone keypad it might tell you what it means… theres no duble/teen numbers, all singles.. use our phones key pad as a decoder

• Gaz Baker May 8, 2013 at 10:42 pm

9 Could also refer to September… Just thinking…

It’s just, urgh… Annoying.

• Danielle Porter May 9, 2013 at 6:18 pm

I think it’s just foreshadowing the content of what VERY likely is an upcoming album.. that they probably just began or are about to.